Sunday, August 29, 2010

$20 challenge

I am off on maternity leave and we have been noticing the crunch a bit with the decreased income.  One of the things that we do is give ourselves $50 a month to spend without needed to talk to the other person about what we are going to buy.  This is not for joint or household expenses only things we buy for ourselves (IE coffee or lunch etc)

So on Monday I will take $20 out of the bank and will make it last as long as possible.  This will help me cut back on what I am spending money on and encourage me to really think if I need the item I am about the buy.  It will not include baby items or groceries, only variable spending on myself. 

I will update this post along the way to see how long I can make it last.

Day 1 = Balance of $ 20 to my wallet (everything else has been removed from my wallet)

No comments:

Post a Comment